Dr. Peter Hadley: Chorus

Ma'Kyia Barkley, Correspondent

Round Table: How do you like Stamford High so far?  

Dr. Hadley: I like Stamford High a lot!  I think the students are great, all of the students are very nice and pleasant and good to work with.  I like working at a high school.  I’ve always taught all kinds of levels from younger students to college students.  

Round Table:Is this your first year working in Stamford or in a high school?  If so, what made you want to?  

Dr. Hadley:This is my third school in Stamford.  I’ve worked at Toquam Elementary School, New Field Elementary School, and Cloonan Middle School.  So this is my first year in high school and fourth year in Stamford.   

Round Table:Are you comfortable here?  Do you feel like you fit in?  

Dr. Hadley:I do feel comfortable…I feel as though I fit in.  The staff and students are very nice and make me feel like I fit in.  

Round Table:What made you want to teach music?

Dr. Hadley:Music has always been a passion of mine, I’ve always loved playing music.  So teaching music is a way for me to share that passion with other people.  In the same way that I’ve had great music teachers in my life, I’d like to be a great music teacher for others.  

Round Table:Do you do any music outside of school? 

Dr. Hadley:Oh yes I do.  Currently I’m a little bit over extended.  I play flute with Westport Community Band, I also sing baritone for them.  I also started playing the bass guitar.  

Round Table:What’s different from this school and your last school?  

Dr. Hadley:The age group is different.. At Cloonan, I was doing general music and choir.  Here, at Stamford High, I do keyboards, concert choir, madrigals, and jazz band.  

Round Table:What is your nationality?

Dr. Hadley:I’m from Australia.  

Round Table:What’s something else you would want us to know about you?  

Dr. Hadley: I am a multi-instrumentalist.  I’m interested in many different genres of music.  My interests lead me in many different directions.  I have started sailing again, I used to when I was younger.  I also like to cook!