Food After Dark

Olivia Martinez, Staff Writer

Ever have late night cravings, but find yourself with an empty fridge and an urge to eat out? In the city of Stamford, most people have trouble finding food after 11 p.m. Next time you’re starving in the middle of the night, try the following places – guaranteed to be open when you need them most.

1.) McDonald’s

This obvious choice is a go-to for most students after 11 p.m. Its cheap menu, fast food, and various locations around Stamford make it one of the most convenient places on the list.

2.) Bulls Head Diner

Known for being open 24/7, this diner is always packed in the late hours of the night. With a menu including every food on the spectrum, Bulls Head is a great place to go with friends who don’t want the same meal as you.

3.) Domino’s Pizza

When craving pizza, Domino’s will not disappoint. They are notorious for their cheesy bread and cinnamon sticks and are virtually the only pizza place in Stamford that will deliver to homes later than 11 p.m. To further their greatness, they even provide an easy-to-use online ordering system.

4.) Burger King

Another fast food contender, which, like McDonald’s, offers affordable prices with quick service. However, Burger King is only open until 12 p.m.

5.) Taco Bell (Drive Through)

Taco Bell offers affordable Mexican food such as nachos, quesadillas, and (of course) tacos. Unfortunately, sometimes the service is slower late at night, but in the end it’s all worth it. The “Crunch Wrap Supreme” is popular among many high school students.

6.) Donut Delight (Drive Through)

Great for a quick bite or caffeine boost. They offer various breakfast sandwiches as well as bagels, doughnuts, and cookies. Also, along with the typical coffee, tea, and hot chocolate expected in a fast food breakfast joint, they offer smoothies, homemade lemonade, and milkshakes.

7.) Vinny’s Backyard

While they are open late due to their bar, Vinny’s will let student customers in late at night to eat in the dining portion of their restaurant. This is a must go if you are craving wings!

8.) Pat’s Hubba Hubba

Pat’s, located near the cove, is a forgotten favorite to remember when you’re looking for a midnight munch. Senior Kelly DiPietro claims that, “Their curly fries and chili are bomb.”
9.) IHOP

Last, but certainly not least, the International House of Pancakes will satisfy those after hour cravings for something truly delicious. While it is known for its pancakes and waffles, IHOP also offers a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner foods!