The student news site of Stamford High School

The Round Table

Why Seniors Should Have More Privileges

From+left+to+right%3A+Seniors+Colby+Stalteri%2C+Sam+Berkun%2C+Brittany+Kellner+and+Devon+Canora%2C+wearing+their+senior+shirts.+
From left to right: Seniors Colby Stalteri, Sam Berkun, Brittany Kellner and Devon Canora, wearing their senior shirts.

Colby Stalteri, Staff Writer

By the time we get around to our senior year, we are all just about over high school and ready to go to college. After three years of hard work, and the new stress of college soon approaching, seniors should have certain privileges that the underclassmen don’t have. Some easy changes could be made to improve the lives of the rising seniors for next year.

I think every senior would benefit from being allowed to leave campus during his or her study hall or lunch waves. Considering that the only reason we take a study hall is to have a period to relax, we might as well be allowed to make it useful. We could use this time to run errands, stop at home, or even just get coffee or a healthy snack.

Seniors should also get to go to school sports games for free. As the leaders of our fan section, the Black Knight Nation, free admission would be much appreciated. After three years of being pushed to the back of the bleachers, it would be great to finally receive acknowledgement for our continued support as fans of SHS teams.

Since both juniors and seniors drive, the parking lot tends to become crowded. Therefore, seniors should have a designated section in the front of the lot. Getting up so early to get to school in the morning is hard enough; a slightly shorter walk to the building everyday might even help us be on time! This would especially be appreciated in the colder months.

Another privilege that would be nice to have as a senior is a discounted price on yearbooks. Yearbooks are expensive and of course every senior wants one to remember their last year of high school. I know making the books is very costly, so giving each senior one for free would be an unreasonable request, but a little bit of a discount would definitely be a appreciated goodbye gift.

While as seniors, we are exempted from the final exam if we have an A as our final grade, after four years of hard work, we deserve more privileges then that. Having more senior privileges would not only make the seniors’ last year in high school better, but it would also give underclassmen a few things to look forward to!