Chipotle Night

Leslie Little, Staff Writer

Admittedly, since I am junior class co-president I am completely biased toward this Chipotle night, but here goes:

Do you like supporting good causes and eating Mexican food? If you do coming to Chipotle in Darien on Oct. 24 to support the junior class is a win-win! From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., 50% of all the proceeds will be donated to the class of 2016. Why not spend a Friday night eating a delicious, mouthwatering burrito bowl?  Or, if you’re the meat-free type, you can enjoy a delectable romaine lettuce salad with your choice of multiple toppings like black beans, guacamole, and salsa.   

Prom may seem like it’s so far away, but for us the time is flying by! Prom won’t be the night most juniors (including me) expect it to be if we don’t have the funds to back any of our cool ideas up. Junior Maria Zecena says , “In order to have a fun prom you have to have low ticket prices; having the fundraiser at Chipotle which most students go to on a semi-daily basis helps us raise money so we can have the ability to have cheap tickets and all the other things to make prom fun. A lot of people will go if the tickets prices are low.”

Another junior, Nicole Jara, was asked what is the most she would pay for a ticket and she said “Since at last year’s junior prom the tickets were $60, that’s the most I would pay.”  When asked if she would attend Chipotle night and if she believed that other people would come to support the cause, Jara answered, “Yeah I’ll go, but I’ve never been there before, and I guess a lot of people would go since people like Chipotle. And if it helps out our class why wouldn’t people go?”

As a young boy on vine once said, “ Oh my goddd, I love Chipotle. Chipotle is my lifeee.”