Round Table Fall Athlete of the Month Poll Winner : Jennifer Krupa

Alexa Baer

Jenn Krupa showing her strength and skill on the field.

Alexa Baer, Staff Writer

The Stamford High Round Table conducted a poll to find who the best fall athlete of 2014 was. Junior Jennifer “Jenn” Krupa was by far the winner, earning almost half of the votes. Krupa, a second year varsity starter for the girl’s field hockey team won the honor of making the FCIAC All-West Team. In addition to making the All-West team, Krupa also earned the field hockey team’s MVP award awarded by her coach, “Coach Kerry”, at the annual Stamford High School Fall Sports Banquet. In Stamford High’s win against Fairfield Ludlowe, Krupa had a huge play where she protected our goal from an onslaught of Ludlowe players, giving them a corner instead of allowing them to score, which, prevented Ludlowe from tying the game.

Some facts about Krupa:

She is 16 years old.

Her younger brother Scott Krupa is a freshman at Stamford high.

In addition to field hockey, she also plays lacrosse and runs indoor track.

Lacrosse is her main sport.

She’s been playing field hockey for five years.

She went to Rodgers Middle School.

Next season Krupa and junior Maddie Caruso are going to be captains of the field hockey team.

I got a chance to sit down with Krupa to learn more about her:

Q: How do you feel about being fall athlete of the month?

JK: I feel good about it.

Q: Were you surprised when you got the news that you made the All-FCIAC West team?

JK: Yeah, I was really surprised because our team wasn’t a strong team, but it was a good surprise.

Q: What was your favorite memory from this season?

JK: Just the win against Ludlowe at home. It was a good feeling when Maddie Caruso scored the goal and the whole team was just happy. It was just really great to win at home.

Q: How do you feel about going into next season?

JK: I feel really good about next season because I heard that a lot of people are doing stuff in the offseason, which is really good. There is always stuff that we can work on and everyone just has fun with it so it will be a great season.

Q: What are your plans for the offseason?

JK: This winter I have signed up to do the club team at Chelsea Piers. I think that we’ll have a few people doing that and there’s a tournament involved with that too. Also in the summer I’ll probably do a field hockey camp too.

Q: Do you plan to play field hockey in college?

JK: Coach Kerry said I might be able to, but I also might want to try to play lacrosse too. I don’t really know, but I’ve been looking into it.