Junior Class Hosts “A Haunted Knight”

Students and teachers help to set up tents for haunted house.

Eve Critelli

Eve Critelli, Staff Writer

Just in time for Halloween, the junior class hosted “A Haunted Knight,” a haunted house set in the cafeteria of Stamford High, on Friday, October 23 and Sunday, October 25. This event was a fundraiser for their class, and most of the profits will go toward the Junior Prom.

Class adviser and social studies teacher Jeremy White, along with the junior class officers, coordinated and organized the entire event. According to junior class officer Sam Berkun, it required a tremendous amount of set up, as they had to “build all the walls and use tents to make hallways.”

All of this hard work paid off, however, as hundreds visited the haunted house during the two days it was open. “We hope for a great turn out; we’ve been advertising a lot. We’re expecting a lot of people and tons of money,” junior class officer Dan Altamura  stated prior to the event.  With more than 500 guests on Friday, 80 families attending on Sunday, and around $6200 in profits, the results exceeded their expectations.

Not only did it raise funds for the junior class, but the event was also an opportunity to give back to the community. On Sunday, the entrance fee was reduced to $10 per family with the donation of a canned good, rather than $5 per person.