All-Star driving school comes to Stamford High

All-Star driving school logo

All-Star driving school logo

Jake Silver, Staff Writer

All-Star Driving School, a private driver’s education company, will offer its services to Stamford High students beginning Monday, Jan. 27. The class will be taught in Mr. Moriarty’s room on the first floor from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. All-Star is not associated with Stamford High; therefore, the classes taught at the school do not count for high school credit. The program is simply administered in the building.

The program has been successful throughout Connecticut and especially Fairfield County, according to SHS Athletic Director (and the program’s coordinator) Jim Moriarty. All-Star offers countless packages to enroll in through the company’s website. The most popular deal (of 30 classroom and eight on-the-road hours) is offered at $650, compared to High Ridge Driving School and Lewis Driving School who offer the same basic package for $695 and $800 respectively. All students are eligible for the program as long as they are 16 years old and have a learner’s permit from the state.

This is the first driver’s education program offered at Stamford High in recent memory. Mr. Moriarty praised All-Star because it is “convenient and affordable.” He added that driver’s education will not become a class at Stamford High. “All-Star is simply a new opportunity for student drivers,” Moriarty said.

Those interested in learning more or enrolling can visit http://www.all-stardriver.com/ct-driving-school/stamford-driving-school/ for more information.