Senior Athletic Commitments Ramp Up

Karina Grabine, Staff Writer

As spring unfolds, many seniors have begun to make college decisions. One of the main factors in this decision for many students is playing higher level sports. Several Stamford High School athletes are planning to continue their sports careers in college, many of which receiving scholarships.

Senior Sarah Wargo has committed to Susquehanna University for softball, a division three team.

Senior Sarah Wargo has committed to Susquehanna University for softball. (Karina Grabine)

She tells us that she decided to play for them because “I really like the coach and after meeting some players on the team, I felt like I would fit in well”. Wargo has not decided on a major yet but she is very excited to attend. 

Another senior who has committed to a school for sports is Alain Paul. He will be attending Long Island University Post where he will major in finance and play for their division one football team. 

Alain Paul will be attending Long Island University Post, where he will major in finance and play for their division one football team. (Karina Grabine)

Paul tells us that he chose this school not only because they gave him an excellent scholarship, but because, “it just felt like home as soon as I walked on campus”.

Kim Saunders will also be continuing her career in softball. She will be playing for division two school Bentley University, where she received a scholarship to be on the team.

Kim Saunders will be playing softball for Bentley University in the fall. (Karine Grabine)

Saunders will be majoring in quantitative economics, and she is excited to attend because, “I love the coach and the school, and I am excited to play for the team”.

Seniors are still continuing to commit to schools and are excited to further their academic and athletic careers.