Faizan Hussain’s Love for Cars

Andrew Bagan, Correspondent

Faizan Hussain, a senior at Stamford High School, has a love for cars unlike many others. His knowledge is impressive: he is able to recite facts and data about average, everyday cars and elite sports cars. In his free time, he travels to car shows to look at and learn about the newest models hitting the market. At Stamford High, there is no one as open about their love of cars as Hussain.

Hussain has been fascinated with cars from a very young age.

“As a baby, I became fascinated with cars. All I ever wanted was toy cars, so that’s all my parents got me. By the time I was 5 years old, I had an insane amount of toy cars, probably more than anyone else. That’s how I started learning the names of all the different car brands and models.” 

As he grew, Hussain would observe cars on the road: their different designs, different wheels, different customizations, even their different sounds. 

Senior Sofia Sarak said, “His car knowledge is pretty incredible. I have sent him pictures of just the interior of cars and he has been able to tell me the year and model of the car, just from that.” 

His fascination doesn’t stop at his social life either; oftentimes, he brings his love into the classroom as well.

“One time in AP Literature we had to compare one of the characters in a book to something and he decided to choose a 2011 Range Rover Supercharged.” Senior Julia Czerwinski said.

Hussain plans on incorporating cars into his future, although by direct participation in their production. Some of his dream jobs include being a car collector or working as a car journalist, which would allow him to drive and review the motor vehicles. He dreams of one day being the owner of an Audi R8, his favorite car.