SHS Students Qualify for National Leadership Conference

Edward Yudelovich and Zachary Tusa pose with a poseter they created for FBLA

Dorothea Mackey

Amanda Faubel, Staff Writer

Two Stamford High Students Zachary Tusa and Edward Yudolevich qualified for the FBLA National Leadership Conference

The Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. or FBLA, aids high school students for their future business occupations. The FBLA’s competitive events and educational programs are designed to allow kids to further develop leadership skills. Connecticut’s FBLA goal is to present a combined business and education in order to further motivate students.

FBLA-PBL prepares over 230,000 members to develop their careers in business. Not all schools offer FBLA, but for those who do, students get to travel and attend conferences allowing them to further develop career aspirations, gain an understanding in running and operating a business, and develop initiative and confidence.

The FBLA State Leadership Conference took place Saturday, April 10, where students across the state competed in a virtual conference covering  44 different categories. For the FBLA State Leadership Conference Zachary Tusa and Edward Yudolevich each took tests from different business categories. Tusa’s test covered Business Calculations and Yudolevich’s test was on Securities and Investments.

Scoring was compared to other students from across Connecticut. Yudolevich placed first on the Securities and Investments exam while Tusa placed fourth on his  Business Calculations test. This means that these two Stamford High School Students have impressingly qualified for the FBLA National Leadership Conference. At this conference, the two of them will have to take an additional test which will compare their scores nationally.

Tusa said that he was proud to receive the award. “I can’t wait to compete and represent Stamford High at the national level,” he said.

Yudolevich said, “It’s an awesome competition that I hope will be linked to my future career, and because of this I am honored and excited to participate now at the national level.”