Stamford High Teachers Awarded Extra Computer Monitors

Two Screens for Teachers is an organization that awards teachers with an extra computer monitor to be used during remote learning. A sample teacher setup is pictured here.

twoscreensforteachers.org

Kaitlyn Pepa, Correspondent

The non-profit organization “Two Screens for Teachers” recently awarded an additional computer monitor to a number of Stamford High teachers for use in their classrooms.

These Stamford High teachers were a part of the 2205 teachers in America that won the organization’s Thanksgiving Giveaway. This huge prize was graciously given to schools who encouraged the most teachers to sign up before the deadline of November 25 in the competition’s 50 eligible cities nationwide.

English teacher Matthew Kimmel at Stamford High School expressed his excitement regarding the giveaway.

“Having two monitors, especially when trying to livestream more, makes things much easier to navigate. It allows me to have one screen interacting with students and one displaying work,” Kimmel said.

“Two Screens for Teachers” stresses that the importance of an extra monitor in the era of COVID is justified. They claim that video calling with students has become a necessity in this time of virtual communication, and having two monitors for a teacher to virtually monitor their students and simultaneously be aware of their lesson plan creates an extra convenience to cancel out some of the many struggles of virtual learning.

Many teachers are excited by this prospect and believe it will help to make the teaching experience much more efficient and convenient. Even in the complicated era of livestream classes, this award helps to further their knowledge and efficiency regarding their now tedious day-to-day operations.

“Technology does amazing things but can also make things more complicated. Teachers are working extremely hard this year, considering there’s much more steps to the teaching process and in day-to-day operations,” Kimmel stated.

“This giveaway was a good opportunity and one that stood out to me.”