More Testing Updates From College Board and DOE

Nohana Hossain, Staff Writer

The U.S. Department of Education has waived standardized testing requirements for the current school year for students in elementary school through high school. The department says it will provide relief from federally mandated testing requirements to any state requesting a waiver due to the public health crisis

Additionally, the College Board announced Friday that students in Advanced Placement classes will be able to take the end-of-course exams from home using a computer, tablet, or phone. There will be two different testing dates for each AP subject and the College Board is providing free remote learning resources. Click here for more details. 

The May 2, SAT and SAT Subject Test administration and the March 28 make up exams have all been cancelled.

The March 25 SAT School Day administration has been postponed. However, the June 6, SAT and SAT Subject Test administration dates have not yet been cancelled. The College Board says it will continue to assess its status, with the health and safety of students and educators as its top priority.

College Board and Khan Academy are providing students with free online resources, including full-length practice tests and personalized learning tools at www.khanacademy.org/sat.