The Round Table

The Road Not Taken

Stamford High Senior Lily Fidaleo has always been caught up with the latest fashions, hair, and makeup trends. While most students choose the traditional path of attending college after graduating high school, this thought has never once crossed Fidaleo’s mind. Instead, in the Fall of 2018 Fidaleo will be attending Toni & Guy, a hairdressing academy in Newtown, CT.  From the time she was a child, this has been Fidaleo’s dream.
Fidaleo is in it for the long run, as she has already taken a tour of the academy and put down a deposit so that she can attend Toni & Guy. Toni & Guy is a hairdressing academy of the finest caliber, and is well known for teaching some talented hairdressers over the years.

Fidaleo will be commuting from her home in Stamford, Connecticut, to Newtown, Connecticut. Fidaleo says “ It’s definitely going to be annoying to drive there everyday but it’s totally worth it.

Talking to Fidaleo about her future, she told us that she would want to work at Salon H, which is located on  Mason Street in Greenwich. Fidaleo says she knows multiple people who work there now and can definitely see herself working there in the future.

During the summer of 2018, Fidaleo will be shadowing two of the main hairdressers at Salon H to get a feel of what she will be doing after completing 1,300 hours at Toni & Guy.  

When Fidaleo starts attending Toni & Guy she gets to choose the times she would like to do everyday. She can choose from two options: either 9 AM -5 PM or 9 AM-9 PM. These hours are very important for Fidaleo to attend because all of these hours add up.  Fidaleo can choose to go in earlier or stay later in order to get in extra hours; it’s completely up to her.

This has been a dream of Fidaleo’s since she was a little girl. She says “I am very excited to attend Toni & Guy starting in September. I have been wanting to do this my whole life and it’s finally happening. I can’t wait to actually start having clients and getting paid. All of my work will definitely pay off in the end.  It’s going to be tough but I am more than determined to start this new chapter of my life.” Fidaleo attending hairdressing school is very unique. Her friends and family are very proud of her and we can’t wait to see her success!