The Round Table

Fall is Here! Here are Your New Favorite Fashion Trends

Rialda Music, Fashion Editor

Forget those sweaty long summer days. Time to trade in tank tops and shorts for warm and fuzzy sweaters, coats, and a good pair of booties. Fall is here, and it is time to strut our stuff with a leather jacket and some denim!

Let´s take a look at some fall fashion trends that have us excited for the leaves changing colors and drinking our hot chocolate… oh those cooler days.

Jean Jacket:

Denim isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and this fall, it’s all about the jean jackets. Whether you’re going for a casual look or something a bit more on the edgy side, you can dress up or dress down a jean jacket to whatever suits your needs. Denim is  admired during every season, but you’ll be seeing more styles these next few months.

Sweater:

The arrival of sweater weather means that sweater weather is here. This fall, oversized sweaters are growing increasingly popular and are worn a lot by both men and women. Whether it’s a quick throw on or a thought-out clothing piece to your outfit, the soft fabric leaves you feeling comfy all day, but still prevailing and trendy.

Flannel:

Some fall styles just never leave and this fall, flannels remain as the style that is loved by everyone. Flannels are very trendsetting, but still can be worn for a more laid-back or casual look. This fall flannels are coming back in full force, and from bright and colorful pieces to more of the average grunge look, it is going to make a knockout appearance.

Leather Jacket:

Leather makes its way into fall with a bam. This stylish accessory can be worn at anytime, whether you are running errands or spending a night out on the town. The sleek and edgy look leaves you looking chic and polished throughout the day, while still remaining comfortable. Black is coming; and it’s coming in strong.

Ripped Jeans:

Even though summer is coming to an end, it looks like the ripped jeans trend is here to stay. This fall, expect to see edgy and high-powered ripped jeans around town. Who doesn’t love a bit of denim in their look? Unlike ordinary jeans, ripped jeans give our outfits that extra attribute to spruce it up.

Joggers:

Who says you can’t dress up a pair of sweatpants? This fall, we’re here to prove those who hold true to that belief, wrong. Joggers have become overwhelmingly popular these past few years, and come fall time, you’ll definitely be seeing them throughout town. Joggers allow you to be comfortable and athletic look, while still looking upscale and stylish.

Scarves:

Throughout the years, scarves have been a go-to accessory for fall/winter outfits. And this fall, they are here to spice up outfits once again. Scarves can make a simple outfit like a coat and pants look modern and swank in the matter of a second, and this season, this hack will be used commonly.

Beanies:

Beanies slipped away through our hands these past few years, but this fall of 2017, expect to see them rise up again. Beanies are able to spice up calm and casual outfits to something a bit more modish and dashing. Not to mention, they’re great for bad hair days!

Boots:

Nothing screams fall like boots. Boots have been a common attribute to fall outfits and this year, they’re spunky and edgier than ever. From your western-rugged look to your sexy and chic wear, boots are a fall staple you’ll want to own. C’mon, who doesn’t love themselves a pair of booties?

About the Writer
Rialda Music, Fashion Editor

Rialda, a senior at Stamford High School, is thrilled to return to the SHS Round Table as an Fashion Editor for 2017-2018. During the spring you can see...

1 Comment

One Response to “Fall is Here! Here are Your New Favorite Fashion Trends”

1. Jill Tanner on October 24th, 2018 5:48 am

Nice

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fall is Here! Here are Your New Favorite Fashion Trends

Fashion

Spirit Week!: SHS Edition

Fashion

5 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas!

Fashion

It’s Not a Photo Without Photoshop!

Fashion

The History of Hair Dye

Fashion

SHS Fashion Show 2017

Fashion

Why Buying More Expensive Jeans Could Help Save the Environment

Fashion

Why You Should Go Cruelty Free With Your Makeup

Fashion

2016 Fashion Trends

Fashion

Six Tips for Surviving Black Friday

Fashion

News Flash: We Don’t Wear Makeup to Impress You

The student news site of Stamford High School