Field Hockey Means Family

And Family Means No One Gets Left Behind

Graphic design by: Bailey Bitetto

Graphic design by: Bailey Bitetto

Ozzie Acuna, Staff Writer

With captains practices three times a day for six days a week, and constant footwork, stick skills, and conditioning, you can say the girl’s field hockey team has had preparations for their upcoming season.

Practicing on offensive and defensive tactics and overall teamwork the girls have made a goal for the year which is to win more games than ever. Especially games like their cross town rival, Westhill High school.

Senior captains Renee Cooper and Rebecca Racowitz had high hopes going into their first game of the season against Westhill yesterday September 9th. Unfortunately, they ended the game with a loss. The girls are staying optimistic, as this is just the beginning of a long season with many wins to come.

Kerry Leonard, coach of the field hockey team, has high expectations for the captains and returning players to show their leadership skills and game tactics for the younger players. The field hockey team is without a doubt ready for their season and ready to become a family and succeed in much more.

Transition from season to season is something that is always hard, especially in high school sports.

“We lost eight seniors last year, so it has been a transition for last year to this year; however the varsity girls have been playing together for the last two years. We are dedicated and looking good for the season and ready to win as many games as possible,” said Renee Cooper (senior). She said the girls believe it is very important that “everyone work together and be able to succeed as a team, but most importantly a family.”