Winter Ball to Kick off Holiday Season

Emily Magyari, News Editor

SHS will be holding a Homecoming Winter Ball on Saturday, December 17 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Auxiliary (small) gym. However, tickets have already been sold out, so there will be no tickets available at the door. If you are attending, remember to bring your ticket with a photo ID (school ID or license). No one will be admitted after 7 p.m., so arrive early. No bags of any kind will be permitted into the gym, they must be placed in the free coat check being provided in room 725.

Remember to be on your best behavior. Students are expected to look their best, meaning no jeans and sneakers. If there is an suspicion by school personnel that a student is under the influence, the student in question will be removed from the dance, facing immediate pickup, and consequences according to the SHS Code of Conduct.

This is the first dance is several years. There was a homecoming dance in November 2014, which was preceded by a 2013 winter formal. Senior Liisa Balazs said she is “very excited for homecoming” but is concerned about how many people could come intoxicated. Senior Brandon Hoak requested songs for the event, and said “I hope they play ‘Come on Eileen.'”

If the Homecoming Winter Ball goes well, we could potentially see school dances being more regular occurrences at SHS.