Stamford High Prepares for Third Annual Pink Out

Pink is the New Black shirts can be purchased in school or at the game!

“Pink is the New Black” shirts can be purchased in school or at the game!

Nico Laveris, Staff Writer

On Friday, October 30 at 7:30 p.m., the Stamford High School football team will host St. Joseph High School, who will bring their 4-1 record to Boyle Stadium in what should be the toughest test for the Black Knights. This important game also doubles as Stamford High’s third annual Pink Out.

Every year, 3 million people are diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S. For the third year in a row, Stamford High is joining the community in the fight against breast cancer. “Pink is the new black” shirts, designed by the Stamford High Athletic Council, are being sold for $20 during school hours and at the game itself. All the proceeds made from the shirts and admission into the football game will go to the Bennett Cancer Center.

Everyone is asked to wear their “Pink is the New Black” shirts or any pink attire to help raise awareness and support the cause.

Junior quarterback Troy Duncan said, “This is a big game for us, not only because we’re playing a team as talented as St. Joe’s, but we all know how important this game is to everyone, and hopefully can create a better outcome this year than last year.” Duncan also explained how excited the team is to play with expectations of a huge crowd.

Last year, the football team took a bad loss to Brien McMahon High School, who seemed fairly impossible to stop, putting up over four hundred yards running the football. Regardless, the night was a huge success; Boyle Stadium was close to maximum capacity, bringing in a record amount of money to donate to the cause – over $16,000. Black Knight Nation was also in full swing, with its best turnout of the year.

Come out and join the outstanding event to show support for breast cancer awareness. Have fun and think pink at the third annual Pink Out!

Editor’s note: A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that the event’s proceeds would go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.