10 Best Throwback Shows to Watch on Netflix

Sydney Leeds, Staff Writer

As binge watching TV series’ on Netflix has become a hobby for most students, there are a few old ones that are necessary for everyone to watch. Since there are only a limited number of these throwback shows, you can really speed through them. Here come some of the most popular shows to watch on Netflix now…

1. Saved by the Bell (1989)

Taking place in Palisades, California in 1989, six students from Bayside High School share their moments together throughout five seasons on TV full of pranks, crushes, and laughable moments

SAVED BY THE BELL -- Season 2 -- Pictured: (l-r) Mario Lopez as Alabert Clifford 'A.C.' Slater, Dennis Haskins as Mr. Richard Belding, Lark Voorhies as Lisa Turtle, Tiffani Thiessen as Kelly Kapowski, Elizabeth Berkley as Jessie Spano, Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Zachary 'Zach' Morris, Dustin Diamond as Screech Powers -- Photo by: NBCU Photo Bank

2. Friends (1994)

Airing in 1994, six 20-30-year-old best friends take over Manhattan. The sitcom includes the neat-freak chef, her dinosaur-divorcee brother, singer/masseuse, the most sarcastic person you’ll ever meet, food-loving actor, and a little suburban princess. Although the series progressed for 10 seasons, it is heard to be coming back for a reunion.

Friends season 10

3. Charmed (1998)

When three sisters living in San Francisco learn they are the most powerful good witches, “The Charmed Ones,” each one uses their supernatural and fun powers to protect innocent civilians from evil beings that they come across. The only problem is that they have to keep and maintain their normal lives throughout eight seasons.

charmed

4. The Office (2005)

Michael Scott (played by Steve Carell) runs a branch of paper company, Dunder Miflin. Located in Scranton, Pennsylvania, “The Office” deals with every employee, their moods, and their lives in and out of the office. The Stamford, Connecticut Branch of this paper company is revealed in season three.

dunder-mifflin1

5. The X-Files (1993)

In this science fiction TV series, FBI agents try to crack special cases they call the “X-Files.” These two agents solve the mysteries of the U.S. government involving paranormal activity throughout Washington D.C. The shows reboot came to Netflix in early April of 2015.

X-Files-Reboot-Cast

6. Friday Night Lights (2006)

High school football in Texas isn’t just a game; it’s a lifestyle. The Dillon Panthers take on new challenges throughout their season that lead to amazing opportunities for some underdog teammates and coaches.

Friday Night Lights

7. Malcolm in the Middle (2000)

In this crazy, wound-up family, there is one brainiac son out of five other idiotic brothers and two freaky, goofy parents. The gifted brainiac has to learn to survive within this family. Bryan Cranston, star of the AMC drama series, Breaking Bad, appears as Malcolm’s father in the show.

Malcolm_in_the_Middle_84287

8. That 70’s Show (1998)

This group of friends in Wisconsin are on the verge of adulthood where the teens go through the good times and bad while always keeping the viewers laughing.

that 70s show

9. Freaks and Geeks (1999)

While the comedy only lasted for one short season, this female mathlete gets into a group of burnout- careless boys, she seems to forget about her geeky freshman brother who still doesn’t know the “rules of the road.”

freaks and geeks

10. One Tree Hill (2003)

When two half-brothers meet during high school, it’s just the start of a rivalry on and off the basketball court; involving the sport, love lives, and family problems in Tree Hill, North Carolina.

onetreehillbackground32

So, next time you’re sitting home alone on a Saturday night, these are the shows to open up and start watching.