First SHIP Show has Smooth Sailing

Natalia Pieszkin

SHIP cast taking their final salute. From left to right, Brett Lubliner (9), Lily Fine (10), Ali Nassef (11), Chase Roden (11), Maggie Carucci (12), and Lauryn Schiller (12). Not pictured: Shaina Lubliner (12). Photo by Natalia Pieszkin.

Lauren Mitchell, Staff Writer

On October 23 at 7:30 p.m., the Strawberry Hill Improv Players (SHIP) had its first show of the year entitled “Mostly Ghostly: Who let the jokes out?” The improv group meets every Wednesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the small auditorium to practice and teach improv to the club members.

The cast included SHIP Captain Shaina Lubliner (senior), Lauryn Schiller (senior), Maggie Carucci (senior), Ali Nassef (junior), Chase Roden (junior), Lily Fine (sophomore) and Brett Lubliner (freshman). SHIP is run by Shaina Lubliner and is advised by SHIP alumni Matthew Blank and Andrew Rabita.

The show consisted of short skits in which each member makes up a character on the spot or is given a character by the audience and interacts with the other cast members. These talented performers really left an impression on the nearly 90 person audience. Brett Lubliner was particularly memorable during the “World’s Worst” skit. Nassef left the audience flabbergasted during “Interrogation” with his awesomely flamboyant character. The show also included the audience by asking them for the setting and conflict for each scene.

All of the performers in the show had the audience laughing the entire time. It was great entertainment for parents and teenagers alike. The next SHIP show is on February 19, so mark your calendar!