Stamford High Actors Dominate Connecticut Competition

Pictured+above+are+all+five+of+the+members+who+represented+Stamford+Highs+Strawberry+Hill+Players.+%28Left-Right%29+Sophomore+Jana+Hulaj%2C+seniors+Meghan+Rowley+and+William+Hunt%2C+and+juniors+Shaina+Lubliner+and+Erin+Maher.++

Pictured above are all five of the members who represented Stamford High’s Strawberry Hill Players. (Left-Right) Sophomore Jana Hulaj, seniors Meghan Rowley and William Hunt, and juniors Shaina Lubliner and Erin Maher.

Zoe Usowski, Staff Writer

On Saturday December 6, five members of the award-winning Strawberry Hill Players took first place again at the Connecticut Drama Association Monologue Competition, held at Eastern Connecticut State University. Competing students were split into two groups and performed their individual monologues for two sets of three judges, who then scored them based on standardized criteria and deliberated over the winners during a lunch break. Those who received awards then went on to perform their monologues in front of everyone at the competition.

Ten prizes were given out to students from various schools, five of which were granted to Stamford High students. Sophomore Jana Hulaj, juniors Shaina Lubliner and Erin Maher, and seniors Meghan Rowley and William Hunt were all honored with top prizes, bringing even more recognition to the Stamford High Drama Program, run by Ms. Claudia Nerreau.  When asked about the day, junior Erin Maher said, “It was an amazing experience. I was able to see some amazing monologues done by a talented group of people. I met friends from across the state and learned a lot.” Senior William Hunt followed up by adding, “It was a thrill presenting our monologues to the judges, and wonderful making friends with other theater-loving kids.”

All five winners, along with additional members of the Strawberry Hill Players, look forward to the competition in March at another Connecticut Drama Association competition, where they will be performing “The Children’s Hour.”