Outstanding SHS Singers Land Spot in Western Regional Music Festival

Pictured above are three outstanding singers who will take part of the Western Regional High School Festival in Mid-January. L – R Senior Zoe Usowski, Senior Robert Aillery, and Junior Bryan Amaya

Brian Roman, Arts Editor

Three outstanding musicians from Stamford High School have been awarded spots in this years Western Regional Chorus. Senior’s Zoë Usowski and Robert Aillery, and junior Bryan Amaya auditioned in front of a panel of judges who scored them on their performance. These three hardworking and talented singers have earned their spots, beating out dozens of other singers from the western region of Connecticut. They will be apart of the Western Region High School Festival which takes place in Trumbull, Conn. on January 16 and 17.

According to Usowski it takes a lot of preparation in order to participate in the festival. “You really have to be on the ball with your music because the festival directors expect you, as advanced musicians, to be able to learn the pieces on your own. Since this is my second year in the regional choir I know how to prepare myself.” Usowski stated. She later iterated “I am very excited to reunite with the friends I made last year and meet new people that enjoy doing what I do.”