A Letter to Black Knight Nation

Led by seniors Kevin Fuller, Crisitan Vazquez, and sports editor Teddy Marantz, Black Knight Nation boasted one of the best fan sections in the FCIAC.

Camille Martinez, Staff Writer

Our goal this season was to go to Mohegan and win FCIAC and state championships. It wasn’t easy to win both of those achievements in the same year. We’ve experienced a lot of fun and exciting things along the way to reaching these goals. But the highlight of those two important games was having the best student section in the state of Connecticut cheering for our team, and knowing that this amazing school was supporting us all the way. Having the Black Knight Nation at our games is really a great experience, and as a player on the team, seeing all of those people showing up, watching our games and cheering us on makes me want to play the best game of my life. I mean, people would congratulate us in the hallway and tell us that going to Mohegan was a blast!

Camille Martinez takes a shot from 3-pt range.

Little did they know how much it meant for the whole team to see them there. I get that it wasn’t easy to wake up early in the morning on a Sunday to be on the bus ride for an hour and a half to watch a high school girls’ basketball game. The other schools barely even had their students at the games. But the Black Knight Nation did it for us because it wasn’t just a normal girls’ basketball game; for the community of Stamford it was also a way of bringing everybody together and having fun, and as a result we played our hearts out for them and accomplished the goal.

So I just want to thank the Black Knight Nation for making our “run to the sun” the best experience of my life. It’s something I will always remember for the rest of my life, and making history wouldn’t have nearly as memorable without you guys there.