SHS Dominates Annual Homecoming Game

Geoff Char

Black Knight Nation out in full force!

Bailey Bitetto, Staff Writer

Yes folks, it’s that time of year again. Turkey, Black Friday stress and crosstown rivals.

Stamford High School’s Boyle Stadium was filled to the brim with the fans from both SHS and Westhill High School.

It’s an annual showdown that these two powerhouse teams face off in the name of Thanksgiving. Although the game is normally played on Thanksgiving morning, this year the game was moved to Tuesday, November 25 due to the impending inclement weather.

Wanting to redeem themselves from last year’s embarrassing loss to WHS, the Black Knights took the field ready to dominate, and dominate they did. Beating Westhill 42-21 was the best possible way the Knights could have ended their season.

Senior quarterback Jalen Brown led the way with five touchdown passes.

Seniors Andrew Antoine and Billy DeVito both had two touchdowns, while sophomore John-Michael Bivona had one.

Sophomore Tyrell Diaz got his ninth rushing touchdown of the year, bringing the Black Knights lead up to an astonishing 42 points.

Apart from being the Homecoming game, it was also Senior Night. All the seniors on the team were praised for their dedication and hard work to the program throughout their four years at SHS.

The fans also enjoyed watching the game just as much as the players loved playing it. The Black Knight fan section came out in full force cheering on their beloved team. Some cheers are so well known that even the parents chimed in.

Congratulations to the Black Knights on a very impressive season, and thank you to our seniors who helped change the game and morale of the program forever.