What to do Now that You are a Second Semester Senior

Jessica Torrellas, Staff Writer

As I enter into my last semester of high school, the fact that I will be leaving soon is finally sinking in. Soon, the Class of 2017 will graduate and we will all go off to the next steps of our lives, whether it be college or not. Many say that high school passes in the blink of an eye and they are completely right. It feels like just yesterday the Class of 2017 arrived to school for freshman orientation.

But, to my fellow seniors: do not worry, you still have time! Make this last semester the best yet and show the underclassman how it’s done! Remember to:

1. Spend time around Stamford and go out to all the restaurants you can. You may take Stamford for granted now, but once you leave for college you will miss home and all the places it has to offer.
  1. Hang out with your friends! Your group of friends may go their separate ways after high school and you will not have a lot of time to spend together, so start making memories now.
  1. Eat and appreciate home-cooked meals. Do not take your home-cooked meals for granted because in the future you will have to buy and make all of your own food. Soon it will be all-you-can-eat ramen noodles!
  1. Attend more sporting/school events. You will definitely make more high school memories by cheering on your favorite SHS teams than by watching Netflix in bed. You will have plenty of time to binge-watch after high school!
  1. Enjoy your last months as an SHS student. As seniors, many of us may be sick or tired of coming to school everyday. Although SHS does have its flaws, you should start showing more of your school spirit and appreciation for being a Black Knight before you have to leave.

And to all the underclassmen, do not take SHS for granted. High school goes by very fast and you need to appreciate all the time you have left here.

As you go through these last few months Seniors, try to make memories to last a lifetime! Once a black knight, always a black knight!