Burger Quest Episode 1: Lucky’s

Kenya Bailey, Staff Writer

Burgers are important, and personally, one of my favorite foods. This past Wednesday senior Mileena Donawa and I went out to Lucky’s and tried one of their burgers as part of our year-long quest to find the best burger in Stamford. For the students of Stamford High, Lucky’s is a popular after school destination, especially when there are half days.

I ordered my favorite: a Bacon Cheeseburger (with fries of course)! In all honesty, it was really good, and the food came out within 10-15 minutes of ordering. Our waitress was very nice; in fact, the whole staff was very warm and friendly. I also ordered the Oreo Milkshake – delicious, by the way. The menu has a variety of choices:  with every burger you order you can have a choice of what bread you want, ranging from brioche and wraps to gluten-free rolls. Not only do they have good choices, but the prices are also fair for the amount of food you get.

My burger was a little dry, but it had excellent flavor and paired perfectly with the milkshake. In total I would give the burger, fries and milkshake combo a 8/10, and just the burger by itself a 7.5/10. But I would 10/10 recommend going again or trying it if you haven’t yet. One of the burgers that sounded interesting was the Bello Veggie Burger – instead of it being many vegetables mashed together into a patty, they just grill a Portobello mushroom and add red peppers, grilled onions and mozzarella. They also have a good size selection of fresh salads, sandwiches, and wraps.

P.S.- The fried pickles and mozzarella sticks are fantastic on their own, but I would not recommend getting them if you have the burger and milkshake.